Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Daytime Emmys...Who Were the Real Winners?

Well it's that time of year again...not just Emmy season, but DAYTIME Emmy season! If you're like me and you revel in the drama and intrigue of afternoon TV, then last night was a pretty big deal. Ellen won her 9878th Emmy, Tyra won her first, and Regis got a hilarious Lifetime Achievement award presented by Jimmy Kimmel. The night's hosts were All My Children and Dancing with the Stars' Cameron Mathison and The View's Sherri Shepherd. They were pretty funny, too.

All in all it was a very good night, but of course the best part was the fashion. It's customary to pick a best dressed female, then male, and then worst dressed female, then male. However, I'm not very good at picking just one, so I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Let me start with everyone's favorite couple: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia DeRossi. I've seen these two on more red carpets than I care to remember, and their fashion formula still remains the same. Ellen wears something very masculine and semi-formal, while Portia wears a stunning and flowing gown that gets her on everyone's best dressed list. This time however, Portia chose a very bland green dress that wasn't at all up to her standard.

Next, we have miss Tyra Banks, who gave one of the most memorable acceptance speeches of all time. I was so happy she won that I forgave her blond hair and oversized gown.
Guiding Light's Marcy Rylan (Lizzie) wore one of my favorite gowns of the night. The way it's white on top and then suddenly splashes in blue color on the bottom kinda reminds me of Gwen Stefani's wedding dress. Compare for yourself.


Although there were lots of fantastic looks throughout the night, I have to say that my top dresses were worn by All My Children's Susan Lucci and The Young and the Restless' Adrienne Frantz.

Honorary mention goes to Reno 911's Niecy Nash for wearing a bold yellow gown that was slimming, flattering, and stunning, and The Young and the Restless' Greg Rikaart for wearing a scarf in the scalding Los Angeles heat!

No comments: